UTV & ATV West Virginia: Half Day TourUTV & ATV enthusiasts riding in WV discover a world of off-road fun on the spectacular trails at the New River Gorge.
The ATV Half Day TourWest Virginia is known as "Almost Heaven" and it's no coincidence we have become known as "Trails Heaven" among serious ATV and UTV enthusiasts. Southern West Virginia is home to two awesome ATV trail systems, Burning Rock and the Hatfield-McCoy Trail.
Southern hospitality combines with miles of trails to create an adventure you will want to come back to again and again. Trails are rated from beginner to advanced.
Skill LevelGuided ATV trips are probably what you’re looking for if you’ve never been riding before. Guides will show you the right techniques and the best trails from start to finish. And if you’re an experienced group, they can take you to the park’s hidden gems. There’s nothing like having a little local knowledge when you go off-road.
Our half-day tour is geared towards beginners. There are great trails for beginners to get their 4x4 legs under them. These are touring trails -- long looping roads with just enough gradient to be exciting. Expect rocks and mud, but at a beginner's pace. Even with that said, this trip is not for the faint-hearted or someone without good balance, strength, or a "go for it" attitude. Whether you're a novice or an advanced rider, enjoy a true experience of West Virginia — Wild and Wonderful!
This trip is taken on the Burning Rock Outdoor Adventure Park trail system. Burning Rock is located south of Sophia, West Virginia, just thirty minutes from the New River Gorge. Spanning nearly 8,000 acres of lush Southern West Virginia forest, Burning Rock offers 100 miles of total ATV adventure trails. It's a family-fueled, mom-approved, razz-your-buddies, go-big-or-go-home, beginners-always-welcome, muddy-and-proud-of-it way to have good time on a West Virginia vacation in the New River Gorge.
Transportation is provided; Burning Rock will pick you up here at Class VI-MR and transport you to the park and back again. Start out your trip by meeting your guides for a safety training and orientation that provides you with basic instructions on braking, steering, and accelerating. The tour also includes a helmet, trail permit, and lunch.
- At least one renter per reservation must present a valid credit card upon check-in at the General Store to be held in the event of damages. Debit cards are not accepted.
- All drivers of single-rider machines must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license.
- All drivers of multi-rider machines (Tandems and UTVs) must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license to carry a passenger.
- Tandem passengers must be a 12 years old and weigh a minimum of 85 pounds. The weight of the tandem passenger cannot exceed the weight of driver.
- UTV passengers must be at least 48 inches tall.
- Guests are required to participate in Burning Rock’s Safety Orientation prior to the tour.
- Helmets must be worn at all times while vehicle is in motion and will be provided by Burning Rock.