Caving Tours - West VirginiaGuided Wild Cave Tours with lost World caverns take you off the beaten path and into the depths of the cave. Tours for multiple adventure levels.
Lost World Caverns Guided Caving ToursLost World Caverns, located in nearby Lewisburg, West Virginia, is widely recognized as home to some of the most spectacular geological formations in the region. The cave is approximately 1.25 miles in length and reaches a depth of 235 feet below the natural entrance. The main show cave is approximately 1000 feet long, 300 feet wide with a 120 foot high ceiling. You don't have to worry about the weather in here, it's 52 degrees all year round.
Wild Cave TourGuides take you off the beaten path and show you a main chamber with many spectacular formations. You'll see the place where in 1967 a prehistoric cave bear (Arctodus pristinus) was unearthed!
It's hard, dirty work but you'll be rewarded with the caving experience of a lifetime. Knowledgeable guides help even those with no prior caving experience and average fitness to safely discover the secrets the dark cavern holds.
This is a spectacular 'user friendly' cave to visit. A wall collapse occurred about 10,000 years ago separating the front "commercial' area from the back sections of the cave. In the back you'll find large rooms (80-100 feet tall), formations and lots of water. There are no huge dangerous drops or pits and no areas that require specialized rigging or equipment. There are no lights (other than those on our helmets), no trails and few visitors -- it's relatively pristine!
|Seasons||Min. Age||Rating||Trip Length||Price|
|Spring, Summer, Fall||12||Adventure||4-5 hours||$70|
Wild Cave Tours include
- Guides, helmets, lights, knee pads & gloves are provided
- Bottled water & snack (usually candy bars)
- Full set of pictures from your trip on CD (for each person)
What to Wear/Bring
- Long pants (jeans), undershirt, long sleeved shirt (such as a sweatshirt) and hiking boots (sneakers are okay, but boots are preferred).
- Complete change of clothing for after the tour (including underwear, socks & shoes).
- We suggest you bring a plastic bag for your dirty/muddy clothing items.