Family Vacation FAQ's and Information "Just For Parents"Here are some helpful family vacation tips and information for planning the best in West Virginia family adventure for families of all sizes and all ages.
Information for Families Visiting the New River Gorge Adventure Resort
Class VI-Mountain River has been helping families plan and enjoy great adventure vacations here in West Virginia at the New River Gorge since 1978. Here are some useful FAQ's just for parents and those planning a WV family getaway:
WV Family Vacation Packages on the New River Gorge:
- Family Vacation Packages at the New River Gorge Adventure Resort include affordable, convenient and comfortable lodging, activities, and meals. You can select from all-inclusive family vacation packages or vacation packages which let you bundle specific outdoor activities with lodging options. Choose your perfect family fun and adventure in West Virginia!
Family White Water Rafting Trip Planning:
- Choosing the Right Rafting Trip: Some helpful tips for novices, first-timers, and families with kids ages 6 to 15.
- Family Rafting Trips: a nice overview of the New and Gauley Rivers, all their sections, and what's appropriate for different ages.
New River Gorge Adventure Resort Programs & Facilities - Just For Kids
- Adventure Resort for Kids: a list of resort programs and play areas for kids
Adventures on the Gorge Kids Camp:
- Let your kids participate in our educational activities from 8:30 am to 5 pm every day. Crafts, games and learning for ages 5 to 11. Reservations are required. Call 888-383-9985 to book.
Other Outdoor Adventure Sports for Kids:
- Adventures for Kids: a list of those adventures appropriate for families
Things to Do with Kids in the New River Gorge Region:
- Browse through our list of New River Gorge Attractions and New River Gorge Events. Look for this double asterisk to see the activities suited for kids. ** Indicates kid and family friendly activities. There's a lot of family fun to be had at Adventures On the Gorge in the New River Gorge!
- Summersville Lake: a great place to have a picnic and a swim!
- And check out Hawks Nest State Park!