Press and MediaWhat the World is Saying about Class VI - Mountain River!
Class VI-Mountain River in the News
- "Bond with your best friends over adventures like rock climbing, ziplining and off-roading in the Mountain State."
The Charleston Gazette - October 2010All-inclusive adventure vacations mark the transformation of whitewater rafting companies to world-class adventure resort.
New River Gorge Gravity Ziplines Offers Adrenaline Backed Birds-Eye ViewsNew River Gorge Gravity Ziplines takes riders soaring a jaw-dropping 200 feet above the ground at its highest point. Riders start from a platform on one of the highest points above the valley on two consecutive warm-up zips, each about 500 feet long. Then, the real action kicks in with the third zip crossing a distance of 1800 feet over the bowl of the mountain. The fourth and fifth zips stretch 1600 and 1300 feet, respectively, reaching heights of about 200 feet above the ground and speeds up to 45 miles per hour.
|"It's one of the most
beautiful places I've been."
- Michael R. Smith
10 Great Ziplines Across the USAThis tour swoops through hardwood forests and old-growth hemlocks above a canyon adjacent to the New River Gorge, which is famous for its whitewater rafting. "It's one of the most beautiful places I've been." - Michael R. Smith
You’ve probably noticed by now that we make a lot of claims about how well we do things. Any educated consumer knows that you need to take any company’s spiel with a grain of salt. This page of our web site is dedicated to bringing you some outside sources. We’ll take a break from tooting our own horn and let some of the writers and guests who’ve rafted with us do it for us! As you’ll see, they corroborate all the claims we make. And in many cases, they say it better than we can!
- Our most important quotes come from you, our guests, please check out the comment section of our blog and see what others, like you, have said about their experience at Class VI.
New for 2009 Popular Mechanics August Issue features TreeTops Canopy Tour, “ Fly by wire ” by 'T Edward Nickens'
- "An in depth look at West Virginia's first sustainable canopy zipline tour."
Class VI- Mountain River Awarded Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth 2009
- We are thrilled to be recognized as one of the Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth in the 2009. See our review here.
Field & Stream, “Smoking the New” Lionel Atwill March 2001`
- "Class VI is by far the most sophisticated outfitting service I’ve ever encountered."
Camping Life, “River Ride” Rob Reaser May 2000
- “Class VI is staffed with experienced dedicated and fun-loving folks whose mission is to make sure you and your family have a safe and exciting experience on and off the water.
- “Being a fishing enthusiast, I must mention to those of you who enjoy angling that the New River is considered by many to be the best small mouth bass stream in the east—arguable in the United States.”
- “The Class VI literature boasted of having the best lunches and dinners on the river and I’m now a believer.”
- “…Whitewater rafting can definitely be a family-oriented activity that’s not nearly as frightening or dangerous as I first suspected. In fact, it’s an absolute scream the entire family will enjoy.”
Gourmet Magazine “Whitewater in West Virginia” John A. Glusman May 1996
- "One of a dozen or so outfitters in the area, (Class VI) offers first-rate river running and a wide menu of options…”
- “Karen Horvath was our field chef, and her prime rib, baked potatoes, and grilled vegetables are as welcome as a warm hearth on this cool, damp evening.”
Sky Magazine “Lucky Duckies” David Bailey May 2000
- “Luxury camping at its finest”
- “Two days of exhilarating whitewater action down the scenic and wild Upper New River…while someone else provided the tents, sleeping bags, gear and wave after wave of absolutely fabulous food.”
- Adventures On The Gorge introduces all-inclusive vacation packages in 2010
- Adventures on the Gorge Companies Net Top Marketing Honors
- Rafting with Class VI-Mountain River and Adventures On The Gorge a success
- 2010 Spring Adventures on the River and on Land on the New River Gorge
- National Geographic 1999
- Travel Holiday 2004
- Charleston Daily Mail June 7, 2002
- Sport Afield 1999
- Washington Flyer Magazine 2001