WV Whitewater Rafting on the Lower Gauley River: Full DayA river rafting trip on the Lower Gauley River has everything a great white water rafting trip needs: breathtaking West Virginia scenery, intense Class IV-V rapids and a few pools between the Gauley's rapids - to catch your breath! Rafting the Lower Gauley is the ideal paddling experience if you aspire to ultimately raft the Upper Gauley River but want togain some more technical whitewater skills and experience first.
|Trip||Min. Age||Rating||Length||Starting At|
|Fall Lower Gauley||14||Advanced (Experience recommended)||Full day||$159||Book Online Now
The Lower Gauley River offers much of the same adventure and excitement that its big brother Upper Gauley River does, but at a pace that's perfect for anyone who's looking to "step-up" their experience on the river. This could mean someone who's rafted other, less challenging sections of whitewater, or even someone who's never rafted before.
The Lower Gauley River rafting trip is also the premier trip for anyone with lots of rafting experience, who wants to bring a group of people with different experience levels together for Gauley Season. The Lower Gauley rafting trip is a great introduction to big water and to a spectacular river corridor that's virtually inaccessible to anyone without a raft.
Every guide knows that the rapids on the Lower Gauley River are challenging and full of big-water thrills, and our experts will show you everything you need along the way. Lots of huge class III and IV whitewater, and even a couple of class Vs spread out over fourteen river miles make this a fantastic Gauley trip for everybody.
What To Expect
- A five to seven hour trip from the time you leave basecamp until you return.
- Four to six hours of “water time”.
- Standard fifteen foot T-8 raft – eight or nine paddlers plus professional guide.
- Upgrades available to T-6 fourteen foot raft with six or seven paddlers plus professional guide or T-4 twelve foot “high adventure”raft with 4 paddlers plus professional guide (must buy the boat with T-4 raft).
- Book this trip on a Friday or Monday and see what it’s like to have the Gauley to yourself!
- Class I to class V whitewater – great for beginners as well as experienced rafters.
- BIG adventure and beautiful scenery!
Are you eligible to participate on this trip? Guest's Responsibilities
- A morning reception of coffee, tea, juice and hot chocolate
- Transportation to and from the river
- Rafting equipment (helmet, lifejacket, paddle & boat)
- Professional Guides
- Hot riverside lunch prepared by one of our chef’s
- A complimentary beverage after the trip
- Class VI tries to video every raft trip. To insure your trip is videoed, we suggest pre-registering when making a reservation or booking online (Options are listed below). Learn more about our video program.
- Whitewater Photography shoots several photographs of each raft during your raft trip. 8X10 photographs are delivered to our facility each afternoon by the time you return. You can purchase a photo or a disk of all your favorite shots at Class VI.
- Rental/wetsuit & paddle jacket
Important LinksWhat to Wear Whitewater Rafting
Explore our rafts and rafting configurations
Whitewater Rafting Waiver