Lower New River Rafting in WV - Double Rapid Run: Full DayGet ready for a full day of white water rafting on West Virginia's Lower New River and pure adrenaline! Combine two rafting runs in one day for one of the best West Virginia white water experiences ever on the Lower New River Gorge!
Twenty years ago Class VI had a slogan, "whitewater wise, customer driven". We constantly listen and learn from our guests: Some people don't want to float. At all. They want rapids, plain and simple. And when they're done they want more.
The Double Lower New is a new way to spend the whole day running rapids by rafting the gorge twice. Does that turn class V "Double Z" rapid into "Quadruple Z" rapid? We don't know. And you won't care after hitting the whitewater in this classic section two times in the same day.
Do a Double Lower New trip with Class VI and be the first person in your raft to say, "Hey, there's the bridge." Then say, "Hey, there it is again!" Cool.
|Trip||Min. Age||Rating||Length||Starting At|
|Double Rapid Run||12||Advanced (Experience recommended)||Full day||$159||Call to Book
What To Expect
- A five to seven hour trip from the time you leave basecamp until you return.
- Four to six hours of “water time”.
- Standard fifteen foot T-8 raft – eight or nine paddlers plus professional guide.
- Upgrades available to T-6 fourteen foot raft with six or seven paddlers plus professional guide or T-4 twelve foot high adventure raft with 4 paddlers plus professional guide (must buy the boat with T-4 raft).
- Class I to class V whitewater through the heart of the New River Gorge ending downstream of the New River Gorge Bridge (Western hemisphere’s longest single arch bridge).
- This trip generally puts on before the crowds on the first run and after them on the second run leaving us with the river to ourselves all day.
Are you eligible to participate on this trip? Guest's Responsibilities
- A morning reception of coffee, tea, juice and hot chocolate
- Transportation to and from the river
- Rafting equipment (helmet, lifejacket, paddle & boat)
- Professional Guides in each raft
- Gourmet deli-style lunch between your two runs
- A complimentary beverage after the trip
- Class VI tries to video every raft trip. To insure your trip is videoed, we suggest pre-registering when making a reservation or booking online (Options are listed below). Learn more about our video program.
- Whitewater Photography shoots several photographs of each raft during your raft trip. 8X10 photographs are delivered to our facility each afternoon by the time you return. You can purchase a photo or a disk of all your favorite shots at Class VI.
- Rental/wetsuit & paddle jacket
Important LinksWhat to Wear Whitewater Rafting
Explore our rafts and rafting configurations
Whitewater Rafting Waiver