Rafting in West Virginia - Lower New River Sunset TripExperience West Virginia white water rafting at sunset on the New River Gorge. What could be better for a romantic getaway in WV? Our Lower New River rafting trips at sunset offer a unique way of experiencing West Virginia's whitewater rapids while enjoying her scenic beauty. These Sunset Lower New River rafting trips depart in the afternoon and enjoy a quieter, less crowded time on the river. Many opportunities for great WV photography too!
The Lower New River Sunset trip rafts the same section as the Lower New one-day trip but it departs in the afternoon, perfect for those who wish to drive in the morning. This is a great trip for those seeking a quieter, less crowded time on the river.
Arrive at noon for lunch in Chetty's Pub. After lunch, depart for your river trip. Dinner is served upon your return at Smokey's on the Gorge, allowing you to enjoy a rim-side view of our glorious sunset while you dine.
|Trip||Min. Age||Rating||Length||Starting At|
|Sunset Lower New River||12||Intermediate (Some experience recommended)||Full day||$139||Book Online Now
What To Expect
- A four to six hour trip from the time you leave basecamp until you return.
- Three to five hours of “water time”.
- Standard fifteen foot T-8 raft – eight or nine paddlers plus professional guide.
- Upgrades available to T-6 fourteen foot raft with six or seven paddlers plus professional guide or T-4 twelve foot high adventure raft with 4 paddlers plus professional guide (must buy the boat with T-4 raft).
- Class I to class V whitewater through the heart of the New River Gorge ending downstream of the New River Gorge Bridge (Western hemisphere’s longest single arch bridge).
- 3 to 5 hour river trip
- Lunch prior to departure
- Transportation to and from the river
- Rafting equipment (helmet, lifejacket, paddle & boat)
- Professional Guides in each raft
- A complimentary beverage after the trip
- Gourmet buffet dinner at Smokey’s on the Gorge after the trip
- Class VI tries to video every raft trip. To insure your trip is videoed, we suggest pre-registering when making a reservation or booking online (Options are listed below). Learn more about our video program.
- Whitewater Photography shoots several photographs of each raft during your raft trip. 8X10 photographs are delivered to our facility each afternoon by the time you return. You can purchase a photo or a disk of all your favorite shots at Class VI.
- Rental/wetsuit & paddle jacket
Important LinksWhat to Wear Whitewater Rafting
Explore our rafts and rafting configurations
Whitewater Rafting Waiver