West Virginia Lower New River Rafting - Camping 3 DaySpend three days in West Virginia white water rafting and camping on the Lower New River. The Lower New River is the most popular rafting river in West Virginia. Class VI- Mountain River takes river camping to a new level.
|Trip||Min. Age||Rating||Length||Starting At|
|2-Day Lower New Overnight||12||Intermediate (Some experience recommended)||2 days/
|$289||Call to Book|
|3-Day Lower New Overnight||12||Intermediate||3 days/
|$389||Call to Book
For some of our guests a real whitewater "river trip" means an extended escape from the everyday. We've come up with the Lower New River Camping 3-day to meet that definition with style--the Class VI way. Cell phones, faxes, TV, and all of the other trappings of Real Life seem to fall further and further away with each passing wave as you drift into each pool, rapid, and sidestream.
After meeting at Class VI Base to get guides and gear, you'll start out on the river for your first day of paddling and playing.
Each night will be a new riverside camp, complete with everything in the Class VI Gearboat (the RV of whitewater rafting) to make your experience a memorable one. Gourmet dinners and breakfasts are served riverside by your friendly, knowledgeable guide staff, and the camping couldn't be better for veterans and first-timers alike.
All of that relaxing is punctuated on the river with the world class rapids that the New River is famous for. Whether navigating your own way in a ducky or working together as a team in a full sized raft, all three days of river running will satisfy every whitewater desire you bring along.
Wrap the whole trip up back at Class VI Base at the end of day three, and we guarantee that you'll have met the extended escape requirements that make this a "real river trip" in every sense.
What To Expect
- Upon arriving you will check-in, have breakfast and enjoy coffee and juice as you pack your personal gear into our waterproof dry bags and change into your river gear.
- During the shuttle to the river the guides will explain the trip and review the fundamentals of rafting.
- Three days of whitewater – day 1 and 2 you will paddle a one-man inflatable kayak, day 3 we trade our inflatable kayaks for rafts as we travel through the heart of the New River Gorge ending downstream of the New River Gorge Bridge (Western hemisphere’s longest single arch bridge).
- Each day delicious lunches, dinners, and breakfast are prepared by your guides. Soft drinks are provided at the campsite. If you have special dietary needs, please let our reservation staff know in advance. Class VI provides a limited amount of beer and wine at the campsite. If you would like to bring additional beverages, please make sure it is packed in non-glass containers. Always remember while having dessert on the river: Pudding helps you float.
- What should you bring on the New River Overnight? Hooray for checklists! We encourage you to bring guitars, fishing poles, horseshoes or other fun toys (within reason)! We cannot be responsible for weather or water damages.
- On the return shuttle enjoy a complimentary beverage.
Are you eligible to participate on this trip? Guest's Responsibilities
- The 3-Day is the ultimate Class VI getaway, truly escaping the cell-phone/TV existence for the length of you trip.
- Fishing, hiking, camping, swimming and, most of all, relaxing, define this trip in addition to rafting the huge New River rapids!
- First timers and veterans alike can experience it all at a pace that's right for everyone. As the difficulty of the rapids increase each day, you'll be ready for it!
- Class VI tries to video every raft trip. To insure your trip is videoed, we suggest pre-registering when making a reservation or booking online (Options are listed below). Learn more about our video program.
- Whitewater Photography shoots several photographs of each raft during your raft trip. 8X10 photographs are delivered to our facility each afternoon by the time you return. You can purchase a photo or a disk of all your favorite shots at Class VI.
- Rental/wetsuit & paddle jacket
Important LinksWhat to Wear Whitewater Rafting
Explore our rafts and rafting configurations
Whitewater Rafting Waiver
New River Overnight Checklist