West Virginia Upper New River Rafting - Camping 3 day
Enjoy West Virginia whitewater rafting on the friendly Upper New River with your family and friends on this three day camping trip. Upper New River rafting is the perfect introduction to rafting and camping trips.
If you're looking for a family rafting vacation and introduction to whitewater that combines excitement, relaxation, and adventure, try our Upper New Overnight 3-day trip.
You'll begin your trip by meeting your guides, who'll help you with everything you need to get ready for the river. It's a wonderful opportunity for the family to get away from everything for three whole days of rafting, swimming, fishing, camping... you name it and we've got it for you on the relaxing pools and gentle rapids of the Upper New River.
First time campers will love the convenience of our fully customized gearboats, and there's no end to the activities for kids. We bring everything including the kitchen sink--all you need to do is bring your group and come enjoy an extended river retreat.
|Trip||Min. Age||Rating||Length||Youth Starting At||Adult Starting At|
Upper New River 3-Day Camping
|6||Beginner||3 days, 2 nights||$339||$389||Call to Book|
What To Expect
- Upon arriving you will check-in, have breakfast at Smokey's on The Gorge and enjoy coffee and juice as you pack your personal gear into our waterproof dry bags and change into your river gear.
- During the shuttle to the river the guides will explain the trip and review the fundamentals of rafting.
- Three days of class I to class III whitewater.
- Each day delicious lunches, dinners, and breakfast are prepared by your guides. Soft drinks are provided at the campsite. If you have special dietary needs, please let our reservation staff know in advance. Always remember while having dessert on the river: Pudding helps you float!
- Class VI provides a limited amount of beer and wine at the campsite. If you would like to bring additional beverages, please make sure it is packed in non-glass containers.
- What should you bring on the New River Overnight? We encourage you to bring guitars, fishing poles, horseshoes or other fun toys (within reason)! We cannot be responsible for weather or water damages.
- On the return shuttle enjoy a complimentary beverage.
- Hot buffet breakfast at Smokey’s on the Gorge prior to departure
- Transportation to and from the river
- Rafting equipment (helmet, life jacket, paddle & boat)
- Dry bag provided for personal items (overnight checklist)
- Professional Guides - Guide Assist – Depending on the water level and choice of craft, you may not have a guide in your boat
- Tents and sleeping pads
- Two nights of riverside camping
- Gourmet deli-style lunch all three days
- Delicious dinners and breakfasts prepared at camp by your guides
- Hors D’oeuvres, limited beer and wine at camp
- On the return shuttle enjoy a complimentary beverage
- Class VI tries to video every raft trip. To insure your trip is videoed, we suggest pre-registering when making a reservation or booking online (Options are listed below). Learn more about our video program.
- Whitewater Photography shoots several photographs of each raft during your raft trip. 8X10 photographs are delivered to our facility each afternoon by the time you return. You can purchase a photo or a disk of all your favorite shots at Class VI.
- Rental/wetsuit & paddle jacket
Important LinksWhat to Wear Whitewater Rafting
Explore our rafts and rafting configurations
Whitewater Rafting Waiver
New River Overnight Checklist