Rafting West Virginia's Gauley River: "Double Upper" 1 DayA river rafting trip on West Virginia's world famous Upper Gauley River with double the white water and challenge in one day! This "Double Upper" Gauley rafting trip takes you down 10 Class V rapids on the Upper Gauley River - twice! For die-hard West Virginia rafting fans and serious adrenaline junkies only.
|Trip||Min Age||Rating||Length||Starting At|
|Double Upper Gauley||16||Expert (Experience required)||1 very long day||$149||Call to Book|
There's one whitewater raft trip that's challenging enough, tough enough, intense enough for any adrenaline junkie out there.
Our fall Double Upper Gauley rafts down through one of the wildest section of rapids in the world. As soon as you drop over class V Sweet's Falls, a fourteen foot waterfall, you'll pull over, have some lunch, and then head back up to the put in to do it all again. There's nothing quite like it: 10 class V rapids in one day. It's a big, big time, and your group will need a strong mix of strength, stamina, and a sense of adventure. Our expert guides are ready. Are you?
What To Expect
- A five to seven hour trip from the time you leave basecamp until you return.
- Four to six hours of “water time”.
- Two runs on the world class Upper Gauley.
- Standard fifteen foot T-8 raft – eight or nine paddlers plus professional guide.
- Upgrades available to T-6 fourteen foot raft with six or seven paddlers plus professional guide or T-4 twelve foot “high adventure” raft with 4 paddlers plus professional guide (must buy the boat with T-4 raft).
- Class I to class V+ whitewater. Rapids are big, long and powerful and could cause rafts to capsize. Prior rafting experience is recommended.
- BIG adventure!
- A morning reception of coffee, tea, juice and hot chocolate
- Transportation to and from the river
- Rafting equipment (helmet, lifejacket, paddle & boat)
- Professional Guides
- Hot riverside lunch prepared by one of our chef’s
- A complimentary beverage after the trip
- Class VI try's to video every raft trip. To insure your trip is videoed, we suggest pre-registering when making a reservation. Learn more about our video program.
- Whitewater Photography shoots several photographs of each raft during your raft trip. 8X10 photographs are delivered to our facility each afternoon by the time you return. You can purchase a photo or a disk of all your favorite shots at Class VI.
- Rental/wetsuit & paddle jacket
Important LinksWhat to Wear Whitewater Rafting
Explore our rafts and rafting configurations
Whitewater Rafting Waiver