WV white Water Rafting on the Upper Gauley: Full DayA rafting day trip in West Virginia on the Upper Gauley River showcases the best about this "intoxicating" adventure sport of white water rafting. This Upper Gauley day rafting trip takes you down one of the world's finest whitewater rafting runs and is considered by rafters, worldwide to be the "trophy" rafting day trip of white water rafting experiences. Don't miss the most exciting river trip of your life!
|Trip||Min. Age||Rating||Length||Starting At|
|Upper Gauley Express (10 miles)||15||Extreme (Experience highly recommended)||1/2 day||$159||Book Online Now
|Upper/Middle Gauley (14 miles)||15||Extreme||Full day||$159||Book Online Now
It's the classic, timeless whitewater gem: The 1-day Gauley River Trip. Whether you're a veteran rafter or brand new to whitewater, as long as you're ready for a serious adventure, this is the trip for your group.
It's a steady stream of rapids right out of the gate, with five class V monsters and tons of non-stop class III and IV thrown in between. On this trip you'll raft world famous rapids and drops like the big five: "Insignificant", "Pillow Rock", "Lost Paddle", "Iron Ring", and "Sweet's Falls".
You don't need to be an expert to run the Upper Gauley River (our guides take care of that), but you do need to be active and have an adventurous spirit.
What To Expect
- A five to seven hour trip from the time you leave basecamp until you return.
- Four to six hours of “water time”.
- Standard fifteen foot T-8 raft – eight or nine paddlers plus professional guide.
- Upgrades available to T-6 fourteen foot raft with six or seven paddlers plus professional guide or T-4 twelve foot “high adventure”raft with 4 paddlers plus professional guide (must buy the boat with T-4 raft).
- Book this trip on a Friday or Monday and see what it’s like to have the Gauley to yourself!
- Class I to class V+ whitewater. Rapids are big, long and powerful and could cause rafts to capsize. Prior rafting experience is recommended.
- BIG adventure!
Upper Gauley Rafting Trip Details
- A morning reception of coffee, tea, juice and hot chocolate
- Transportation to and from the river
- Rafting equipment (helmet, lifejacket, paddle & boat)
- Professional Guides
- Hot riverside lunch prepared by one of our chef’s
- A complimentary beverage after the trip
- Class VI try's to video every raft trip. To insure your trip is videoed, we suggest pre-registering when making a reservation. Learn more about our video program.
- Whitewater Photography shoots several photographs of each raft during your raft trip. 8X10 photographs are delivered to our facility each afternoon by the time you return. You can purchase a photo or a disk of all your favorite shots at Class VI.
- Rental/wetsuit & paddle jacket
Important LinksWhat to Wear Whitewater Rafting
Explore our rafts and rafting configurations
Whitewater Rafting Waiver