Rafting in West Virginia on the Upper New River - Full DayOur full day of Upper New River Rafting includes the best in mild West Virginia whitewater rafting perfect for family rafters and first-timers. Our professional whitewater rafting guides will teach you and your family or friends confidence on the water (and possibly a few bad jokes on your way downstream)!
Ducky whitewater rafting trips aren't what you might think they are. On our full day Upper New river rafting trips we take the whole family, from six years old to 86 years young, down a wonderful stretch of class I and II rapids with lots of river fun and floating in between.
With the emphasis on fun, adventure, and safety, Class VI customizes our trips to the age and abilities of your family members. Everyone will have the option of taking a ducky, which is like a small personal raft, or relaxing in a full-size guided raft.
There really is something for everyone on this family river trip, from running the gentle rapids to swimming and floating in the lazy drifting pools. From start to finish, there's no better way for the family to spend a day together than doing Upper New river rafting with Class VI - Mountain River!
|Trip||Min. Age||Rating||Length||Youth Starting At||Adult Starting At|
|Upper New River Full-Day||6||Beginner (experience not required)||Full day||$69||$119||Book Online Now|
What To Expect
- A five to seven hour trip from the time you leave base camp until you return.
- Four to six hours of “water time”.
- Our boatmen and women row support rafts carrying lunch and anyone who doesn’t want to paddle. Two person sit onto inflatable kayaks can be requested the morning of the trip. You, along with another person in your party will use kayak paddles to power and steer.
- Class I to class III whitewater.
- A morning reception of coffee, tea, juice and hot chocolate
- Transportation to and from the river
- Rafting equipment (helmet, life jacket, paddle & boat)
- Professional Guides - Guide Assist – Depending on the water level and choice of craft, you may not have a guide in your boat
- Gourmet deli-style lunch
- A complimentary beverage after the trip
- Class VI tries to video every raft trip. To insure your trip is videoed, we suggest pre-registering when making a reservation or booking online (Options are listed below). Learn more about our video program.
- Whitewater Photography shoots several photographs of each raft during your raft trip. 8X10 photographs are delivered to our facility each afternoon by the time you return. You can purchase a photo or a disk of all your favorite shots at Class VI.
- Rental/wetsuit & paddle jacket
Important LinksWhat to Wear Whitewater Rafting
Explore our rafts and rafting configurations
Whitewater Rafting Waiver